St. Croix Virgin Islands Activities
The largest of the three major U.S. Virgin Islands, St. Croix is rich in history, culture, and natural beauty, making it the perfect choice for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or a breathtaking scuba diving trip.
The Big Island of St. Croix offers many land and sea attractions easily accessible by car, cab, tour bus, or boat. The delightful town of Christiansted, with its 18th century Danish-style architecture, is just one and a half miles from Sugar Beach. Tons of shops for all your shopping needs!
The Island of St Croix is entirely surrounded by the tranquil waters of the Caribbean Sea. With an average water temperature of 82°F and visibility ranging from 60-100 feet, St. Croix attracts scuba divers and water enthusiasts from around the world. For both divers and snorkelers alike, Buck Island Reef is an Underwater National Monument known for its abundance and variety of marine life. It is a 176 acre island just off the shore of Sugar Beach. Entirely surrounded by reef, visitors can snorkel or scuba dive through the amazingly clear waters viewing the colorful coral. Please Visit Dive Experience at www.divexp.com or N2TheBlue at N2theblue.com for all your Diving Needs.
To make the most of your Virgin Islands holidays, the staff of our Sugar Beach Condo Resort can help you to arrange many things to do in St. Croix, from touring historical sites to snorkeling our underwater national monument.
The great warm ambience is in part due to Sugar Beach's team of friendly, professional staff who are here to help you make the most of your St. Croix vacation. At once, you will feel at ease and welcome.
The following are just a few highlights and attractions for your St Croix Things to Do List:
- Sailing to Buck Island National Monument
- Scuba diving The Wall at Cane Bay
- Sports fishing off the waters at the easternmost point of the United States
- Kayaking in the phosphorescent waters of Salt River Bay
- Observing wildlife and turtle nesting at Sandy Point National Wildlife Preserve
- Hiking or biking on our picturesque north shore
- Horseback riding in the hillsides of Fredriksted
- Investigating tropical flora at St. George Botanical Gardens
- Gaming at the one and only casino in the Virgin Islands
- Discovering Cruzan Art in our museums and galleries
- Visiting our famous Cruzan Rum Distillery
- Attending candlelight concerts and interpretive tours at Estate Whim Plantation Museum
- Shopping in the old Danish towns of Christiansted and Fredriksted
- Attending live theater productions
- Dining out at fine restaurants and exploring beachfront bars
- Walking along the waterfront St. Croix Heritage Trail
- Visiting the Salt River Bay National Historical Park - a protected ecological preserve and site where Christopher Columbus landed on his 1493 voyage.
- Exploring a tropical rain forest and marveling at the beer drinking pig